Friday 4 November 2011

Trying to find some creativity

One of the reasons I have started Just Jay is that money has been a little bit tight since I stopped working to have my little girl.  Having done a budget it became clear to my husband and I that our situation was a little more immediate than setting up a "cottage industry" could deal with, so I recently started a very part time job to supplement our income.  This doesn't sit too well with me, I don't want to be working, mainly because I want to be at home with my beautiful baby girl but also because I was really starting to enjoy making cards and working in the evenings means that I don't have as much time and that my daytime is a bit busier too.

That said, I am still going and tonight I have been working on another commission, pictures to follow, I quite like it, it seems to have come out well.

As I type this I should be putting together some Christmas cards that have already been ordered and paid for! My creative juices are not flowing all that easily though, maybe I'm not in a Christmassy mood, but I am really struggling to come up with a terribly cohesive design.

Instead I have decided to do this, hopefully with a view to being able to promote Just Jay a little and once I am done here I will tidy up my resources as they have become a little jumbled up, I really need a wee "tool box"/some drawers!

Hopefully my Christmas creations will come together soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment